Shelly beach Snorkel Squids Holiday Programme
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Manly , NSW
- Product code: SnorkelKids
Come and meet the famous and endangered Blue Groper population along with a range of temperate east coast marine species. See Australia’s diverse East Coast marine wildlife in their natural environment of sea grass meadows, sandy bottom, and rocky reefs within the protected Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve, Shelly Beach Manly. Search for local and transient marine species with your local guide in a fun and safe environment. Tours Must be able to swim 50m freestyle and float to join the group tour. Maximum 8 per group. The programme is 90mins. As a group the kids will assess safety conditions with their guide. First we get suited up and hit the water.
- Interpretive guided tour with an experienced local
- 90 mins programme in total
- 10min safety talk
- Safety brief and snorkel tips provided
- Suit up with gear 15mins
- 60-70min in the water snorkelling
- All equipment and wetsuits included floating foam noodle included
- Learn about the diverse wildlife of the Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve
- Search for endangered species like Blue Groper in their natural habitat and the 200 + other fish species, invertebrates and algae’s
- Discover the Australian coastal culture of Manly from your local guide
- Visit famous Manly Beach and Shelly Beach
Shelly Beach which is a 20-25minute walk from Manly Wharf. Catch the Manly ferry from Circular Quay, Sydney City to Manly Wharf. Ferry ride takes 30mins. Public ferry cost one way Adult $7.20, Child $3.60. Paid parking available at Bower St council car park.
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Swimming gear
- Drink bottle
- Warm clothes
Mandatory: Participants must be able to swim 50m free style unassisted, float and tread water to join the snorkel tour. No refunds for non swimmers on the day.