Basin Campground Stand Up Paddle Safari
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Product code: SUP1
EcoTreasures experienced local guide will immerse you into Sydney’s natural environment as you explore a calm estuary with the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park "The Basin". Very suitable for first time and experienced paddlers. Search for native wildlife while you glide along the calm waters of the estuary on your Stand Up Paddle Board.
- Friendly experienced and informative local guide
- 1 hour Stand Up Paddle Safari + 1 hour self guided
- Safety brief
- All equipment included
- Photos package available
- Interpretative Eco tour in protected calm waters
- Search for local fish species in the clear waters while you paddle
- view local birds species flying overhead.
- Iconic Australia local wildlife include Wallabies, Sea Eagles, Kookaburras, Goannas, Lyre Birds plus more
- Learn how to Stand Up Paddle Board while your guide provides you helpful tips to improve your paddling stroke
- Explore and discuss the natural environment of Sydney
- Discover the cultural and colonial heritage of the location
- Great fitness and core workout (depends how hard you paddle)
The Basin Campground, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. Sydney Northern Beaches 1.5 hr from Sydney City
How to get there
Catch the breath taking Fantasea ferry 20 min ride across the Pittwater waterway from Palm Beach Wharf to the Basin campground. Ferry cost paid on board is Adult $7.70pp, Child $3.80 each way. National Park landing fee is $3pp paid on arrival. Water taxi also available $50 each way.
Drive to West Head road and bush walk 2.75km with a steep decent down to Basin campground. National Park entry fee per vehicle apply. Please check NPWS website for walking trail closures. In this park, vehicle entry fees are $11 per vehicle per day. If you're arriving by bus or taxi you'll need to pay daily entry fees of $4.40 adults, $2.20 children;
What to bring
Comfortable walking shoes,
hat, sunscreen, swimming gear, drink bottle and a towel.
Mandatory: Participants must be able to swim 50m free style unassisted to join the paddle board tour.
Group Tours run every Saturday 10am and Sunday 10am and everyday at 10am during school holidays. Group bookings are available as requested from 8am-4pm for groups with minimum 4 and maximum 8 people
(excluding black out dates). Booking deadline is 48 hours before a tour.