2hr Manly Snorkel Walk and Talk Tour
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Product code: SnorkelM1
Join us on a small group eco marine coastal adventure. Ecotreasures is a eco tourism accredited business and 2021 NSW tourism awards business finalist for eco tourism. We specialise educational fun activities. Learn while you have fun and explore the eco system, connect to help you respect.
- Interpretive guided tour with an experienced local
- 1 hour guided snorkel tour of Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve
- All equipment and wetsuits included
- Safety brief and snorkel tips provided
- Headland nature walk with great view of the Northern Beaches (30mins) approx 800m easy gradient
- Binoculars for walk - search for birds, dolphins, Whales (May-Nov)
- Tour photos included
- Small group maximum 8 persons
- Learn about the diverse wildlife of the Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve
- Search for endangered species like Blue Groper in their natural habitat and the 200 + other fish species, invertebrates and algae’s
- Discover the Australian coastal culture of Manly from your local guide
- Visit famous Manly Beach and Shelly Beach
Manly snorkel and walk timetable for 2 hour tour
- 9:45am Meet at Shelly Beach and check in with your guide
- 10am Tour starts
- 10am-10:30am Shelly Beach Headland nature walk and safety brief
- 10:30am Equipment fitted and changed ready for the water. You can lock valuables in our vehicle.
- 10:50am-11am Equipment brief and check
- 11am – 12pm Snorkel adventure
- 12pm Exit water
- 12pm-1220pm Get changed and download Gopro photos
The Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve is located at Shelly Beach Manly. 30 minute walk from Manly Wharf.
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Swimming gear
- Drink bottle
- Warm clothes
Mandatory: Participants must be able to swim 50m free style unassisted, float and tread water to join the snorkel tour. No refunds for non swimmers on the day.
Join Ecotreasures on the small group Advanced Eco Tourism Certified Manly Snorkelling Tour of the Cabbage Tree Bay (NO TAKE) Aquatic Reserve. First your experienced and passionate local expert Sydney Snorkel tour guide will give you a great idea of what native marine life to keep your eye out for as well as educate you about native wildlife, Australian environments, heritage and the culture of Sydney on your headland nature walk.
Then you can cool off by snorkelling in the calm, clear waters off Shelly Beach, Manly on Sydney’s Northern beaches. See Australia’s diverse marine wildlife in their natural habitat within the sea grass meadows, sandy bottom, and rocky reefs of protected Cabbage Tree Bay at Aquatic Reserve. Easy introduction lessons are available for beginners and foam floating noodles are provided for extra safety. TheManly Snorkelling Tour is suitable for beginner and experienced snorkelers!
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM 50 METERS FREESTYLE UN-ASSISTED, FLOAT AND TREAD WATER TO JOIN THE GROUP TOUR. SWIM TEST CONDUCTED AT THE START OF TOUR. BE SAFE AND KNOW YOUR LIMITS IN THE WATER. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO GROUP TOUR IF YOU CAN’T SWIM. BOOK PRIVATE TOUR IF YOUR NOT A STRONG SWIMMER
The Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve is located at Shelly Beach, Sydney which is only minutes from world famous Manly Beach. Shelly Beach aspect faces West which protects the location from a lot of swell on the East Coast of Australia. The sheltered habitats of rocky reefs, sea grass meadows and sandy bottom are home to a range of resident and transient marine species. Map from Fisheries
The Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve is a “NO TAKE” marine zone which was established in 2002. No fishing of any kind, or taking any species including shells is permitted. Fines apply for any breaches of these laws. The protection of the area has been a very successful conservation management strategy. We can now all enjoy seeing the range of species in the Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve located only 30mins from Sydney city.
Manly also has a vibrant coastal village atmosphere and nature walk trails. Sydney Harbour National Park website lists all the local walks in the area. For any tips or travel advice while visiting Manly please email our office email@example.com or call 0415 121 648. With our local expertise we can help you plan and book other tours in Sydney for you.